1 • 30 • 2012
• We are tingly to announce that Jordaan Mason's debut novel The Skin Team is now available for pre-order! Only $13! Plus you will get a special gift from Jordaan Mason's hometown or a special fabric case for your book!
You will definitely want this book because how else will you put out the fire at the Power Company Building? How else will you recover the lightbulbs from the vomit? We say that this is a story of mesmerized violence and the shape shifting between love and sex and the singing that happens when the power goes out. Dennis Cooper says "This novel is something very rare, and it's about as beautiful as fiction can ever be."
Join The Skin Team!
• Coming in 2013: Quarry Light, a book of short stories by Claudia Smith Chen that slashes at the blanket between horror and domesticity, finding catgirls in the walls and dogs on the porch and the hard eyes we're all of us—mothers, walkers, daughters—trying not to need so much.
• Coming in 2013: No One Is Ever Going to Be This Happy: Letters to Lil Wayne, a book of letter-poems by Lauren Ireland, bawling and ballsy, poems that can see Rikers from their fire escape and report the sugar-flavored blood like who gives a fuck, confessing to Weezy that all spirit animals are bullshit and theirs is a giant knife.
• Coming in 2013: Undercastle, a book of prose and poetry by Feliz Lucia Molina, an encyclopedia of transistor feelings and so totally the book the 90s and 00s owe the world, a deft and defiant A-B-Up-Down combo of curiosity and intimacy that chews up all our screens and heroes and fills our breath with glint.
• And finally, we're very excited to announce the second edition of The Drunk Sonnets by Daniel Bailey. The chicken bucket is gone from the cover, and the antacids are here. Featuring special new content: an introductory essay by Sean Lovelace and a special memoir by Daniel himself. Out now!
Copyright © All rights reserved